First rule of cooking any vegetable: don’t overcook it. You need your greens to remain good and crisp via cooking, not soggy. That’s simpler mentioned than completed although, and belief me, I’ve gone via a variety of soggy beans prior to now. One of my favourite methods to arrange inexperienced beans is with the moment pot as a result of it’s nearly unimaginable to get mistaken, and I find yourself with completely crisp inexperienced beans each time due to the pressure-cook setting. Once it’s cooked, you simply have to sauté it with some butter and garlic and it’s prepared for plating. This is a good way to spruce up your vegetable dishes with out an excessive amount of trouble or preparation time.
(You might also like: 5-Ingredient Garlic Roasted Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts)
The Best Instant Pot Garlic Green Beans
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: four 1x
- 1 pound contemporary inexperienced beans, trimmed and snapped in half
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to style
- Place the steamer basket within the Instant pot.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Place the inexperienced beans into the basket.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and test to ensure the stress degree reveals as “High” on the show.
- Adjust the timer to zero minute.
- When completed cooking, fast launch the stress.
- Carefully take away the steamer basket and inexperienced beans from the pot.
- Discard the water.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and let stand till display screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the butter and stir till melted.
- Add the garlic and cook dinner for 30 seconds.
- Add the inexperienced beans and toss to coat.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Season to style with salt and black pepper and serve.