One of the perfect beef dinners that I’ve ever had in my complete life was at a neighborhood Mongolian restaurant a number of years in the past. For the longest time, I attempted my hand at making my very own Mongolian beef however I might by no means appear to get it proper. Then in the future I occurred to come upon this 15-minute on the spot pot Mongolian beef and it shortly turned considered one of my go-to recipes for beef. It doesn’t get a lot simpler than this to make an genuine Mongolian beef dish, particularly since most, if not all, of the the elements are most likely already sitting in your kitchen.
15-Minute Instant Pot Mongolian Beef (Easy Pressure Cooker Recipe)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: four–6 1x
- 1 ½ kilos flank steak, lower into ¼ inch thick slices
- three tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp additional virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- four garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch recent ginger, grated
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tsp crimson pepper flakes
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Place the meat slices in a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, pinch of salt and pinch of black pepper and toss to coat.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand till display reads “HOT”.
- Add the oil and brown the meat in batches.
- Add the brown sugar, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, 1 cup of water, rice wine and crimson pepper flakes and stir to mix.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press PRESSURE COOK button and test to verify the stress degree reveals as “High” on the show.
- Adjust the timer to six minutes.
- When completed cooking, let the stress come down naturally for 10 minutes, then fast launch the remainder of the stress.
- Open the lid.
- In a small bowl mix the two tablespoons of cornstarch and ¼ cup of water.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot.
- Add the cornstarch combination and stir to mix.
- Cook, stirring incessantly, till the sauce has thickened to your liking.
- Season with salt and black pepper to style.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and spring onions and serve with rice.